It's easier than ever to build Force.com apps that utilize new Platform as a Service technologies such as Apex Code and Visualforce from salesforce.com, and combine them with Google technologies including OpenSocial, Gears, Gadgets and GData technologies. This page provides the latest code samples, documentation, tools, and other technical resources you need to get started.
If you don't already have a Developer Edition account, join Developer Force to get one. It's free and only takes a few minutes. It's easier than ever to build apps that bring together the strengths of the Force.com platform and the many innovative web technologies from Google. This page lists all the resources you need to get started.
- Force.com as a Google Visualization Data Source: Expose data on Force.com to support the Google Visualization API.
- REST for the Traveling Salesman: Using Google Data on Force.com
- Talking with Google at Dreamforce
- Building Force.com apps using Google OpenSocial APIs
- Building Offline Salesforce Applications with Google Gears and Google Web Toolkit
- Mashups: The What and Why
Demos and Screencasts
- Google Gears Demo Screencast on a Web application that exposes Force.com data, and shows how to extend the Web application with Google Gears so that it can be used offline.
- Webinar: Toolkit for Google Data APIs
- Building the Ultimate Google & Salesforce Mashup: Presentation from Dreamforce '07.
Sample App and Code
- Toolkit for Google Data APIs Apex code and documentation to enable your app to communicate with Google Apps and Google Data API's
- Extract Metadata to Google Simple Google Toolkit example to extract Schema metadata into a google spreadsheet
- Force.com app with Google Gears & Google Widget Toolkit
- Print Anything app talks to Google Docs Update to a popular salesforce labs application, now talks to Google Docs to create PDF's with your Force.com data
Discussion Forums and Blogs
- Salesforce Google Developer Forum
- Google Gadgets Developer Forum
- GData Developer Forum
- Google Gears Developer Forum
Saleforce.com for Google Apps